Friday, July 1, 2011

Happenings

The Romaniuks have been pretty busy since I last blogged. Eleanor and I spent a lovely, lovely week down in California visiting family. The week flew by and I saw almost everyone I wanted to see so that was nice. When we got back, Roma, Ellie and I went over to western washington to visit our dear friends Matt & Darcy. I brought the camera but of course, failed to take a single picture. Lame. In the middle of all our travels, Els turned three months. She is squealing and gurgling with the best of them now. She's super close to rolling over. She is very independent and prefers to be on her back kicking or in her chair bouncing and looking around to being held and cuddled. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. She was named after a very independent woman :)

Here are some pictures from our trip down south...

Ellie was a good sport for this photo session. Here she is with grammy and grampy:

And Uncle Jason:
And Great Grandma Ann:

She loved meeting Great Grandpa Jack. She gave him lots of smiles. Here he is giving her a bottle:
We went for our first dip in the swimming pool. I was excited to see her in her cute suit. I think my expectations were a bit high. We were in the pool for all of 30 seconds. These pictures sum the experience up best :)
Perhaps she would have enjoyed herself more if she weren't blinded by the sun...

In other Eleanor news, she is now spending some supervised time in her bumbo:

And she is enjoying summer vacation with her cousin Jackson who is now home all day too. He's such a sweetie. He likes to give Eleanor kisses and sing her songs and read her books :)

Like I said earlier, Els is smiling a lot now and talking up a storm to herself, though the minute the camera comes out she gets all quiet and coy. I did manage to get a subdued smile out of her during bath time. The video isn't the best quality but it'll do. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment