Monday, April 25, 2011

One Month of Eleanor

Eleanor will be one month tomorrow. Hard to believe that four weeks have gone by. She is doing great and is a true little joy. Last week she enjoyed a visit from Grandma and Grandpa:

Last week also marked a monumental moment in this Mamma's life when Eleanor moved from the bassinet in our bedroom to the crib in the officery. I might have been tempted to keep her in the room with us longer if she weren't an incredibly disruptive sleeper. I'm not talking about hunger cries in the night, that goes without saying; I'm talking about loud grunts and gurgles that made it nearly impossible for me to doze off completely. I'm sleeping much better with her in the other room, though it did make me a little sad to make that transition...

In other Ellie news, I'm really pushing the pacifier on her. I know, I know, controlling mother already; but people, it's for her own good. I come from a family of thumbsuckers. I was a thumbsucker for such an embarrassingly long time -- despite my parents' valiant efforts to stop me -- that I won't even say when the sucking stopped. If I have the choice, and I realize that in reality, it is out of my control-- then I would make Eleanor a pacifier baby. Thus far, we are 50/50 on the pacifier. Sometimes she'll take it and other times she won't. I guess time will tell. Here she is though, cute as button, sleeping with her pacifier...

Daddy gave Eleanor her first bottle this week and she took it without incident. I was worried that she would prefer the bottle to the boobie, but she seems to be an equal opportunity eater, so that's good.

Lastly, Eleanor makes the cutest sad faces. Wouldn't you agree?


No comments:

Post a Comment