Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Playing at the Sea

Since returning from our four day adventure at the Azov Sea, I've repeatedly been asked the following questions:

Why are you still so white? (SPF 50, yo)
Didn't you get any sun at all? (I tried not to over expose myself, yo)
Weren't you at the sea last week? (Yes, all the while hiding under my hat, yo)
You tried to avoid extended exposure to the sun? (Did I studder, yo?)

I haven't had to face ridicule all by my lonesome. Roma didn't manage bake himself brown either. Mostly because I was constantly running at him with my bottle of SPF 30. Here we are enjoying the water:

I know, I know, there's a glare coming off my chest...but it didn't get me down.

When we weren't playing in the water, we could be found eating dried fish at one of the many beer tents sent up along the beach.

In the evenings, we walked along the main city strip and enjoyed the local color. One of the more peculiar sights would have to have been the "Disney" themed carnival rides. Rides included a merry-go-round with this cracked-out Donald Duck:

And a haunted house. What's that? A haunted house isn't that crazy, you say? True Disneyland has its own haunted mansion; but this haunted house was called "Welcome to Hell." Here are Boss and his friend's daughter, Dasha, with some scary monster... outside hell?? It's just not right. What would Mickey say?

Nestled amongst the rides were other "attractions." My favorite was the big balloon pictured below. Roma and Boss climbed in and gave it a good spin on the water.

They tried to keep the balloon wheel a-spinin, mostly though, they just fell on their rumps. I gave the balloon a-go myself & I must say, it was hard. I now have a whole new respect for mice and hamsters.

We also took time to hit up the arcades. Boss thought he had me beat at basketball with a high score of 36; but then I smoked him. With a score of 72.

See that focus? That intensity? That's what arcade basketball champions are made of, foks. (Pssst... Roma took this picture especially for you Grandpa Jack. He thought you'd appreciate my form.)

As you can see I brought a similar intensity and focus to air-hockey. Poor Boss, he didn't stand a chance.

(Do zoom in and check out my face. That, my friends, is what I like to call the "Sheri Mahaffey I'm-gunna-kick-your-butt-at-this-game-even-if-it-kills-me Face." I think I wear it well).

2 comments:

  1. awesome pictures! I can't believe people are giving you grief about your tan, you look bronzed to me, you just don't look fried! :)

    ReplyDelete