Thursday, July 8, 2010

And the next day...

The second day of Dima's birthday was spent out in the countryside fishing and eating shashleek. Here are some pictures from the afternoon.


How many men does it take to man the meat? Apparently four. Shashleek is serious business.

Kolya & Yulia sat nestled between Sasha & Alona. Have I mentioned that I really like Yulia? She's super laid back and easy to chat with AND she's always down to play with me. (Yay!) After we ate, we played badminton and worked up quite the sweat (mostly running into the field after the birdie). It was a nice afternoon.

There was crawfish...

There was shashleek...

But Roma was most excited about the prospect of fishing.

I fished too, while Roma and Alosha were out on the boat. I fished with the little hooligans pictured below. We tossed all our fish back. They were small and I don't really eat fish here anyway. Each time we tossed one back, I'd hollar: Go and Liiiive! At first the boys didn't know what to make of my silliness, but then they got really into it. Dima especially, so much so in fact, that he took to tossing rocks and flowers into the pond just so he could yell, "Go and Liiive!"




No comments:

Post a Comment