Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Scenic Views of the Azov Sea

Last week we traveled to the Azoz Sea. It took 13 hours to get there by car and 17 hours to return home by train. The town where we stayed was only about 30 miles from the Russian border. Suffice to say, few were speaking Ukrainian down there. Below is a view of the sea from the apartment that we rented:

On a day that was cool and overcast, we decided to drive to beaches in the surrounding area. We found ourselves some lovely views.

Above it looks like I caught Roma mid-stretch; but I swear, I gave him ample opportunity to pose and this is what he gave me.

We found a cove where the wind was whipping and the "waves" were "pounded the shore"...

Vicka asked me if I wanted to swim here. It was chilly, so I said no. The prospect of the rest of the day cold & wet in the backseat of the car didn't appeal much to me. Vicka however, thought I was afraid of the waves . Nothing I could say would convince her otherwise. Maybe it's smug of me to say, but I thought that was sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment